28 March 2007

Life's A Changin'.....

A funny thing just occured to me..... Poker's gotten boring! I don't see the thrill, I don't see the fun of it anymore when it's just to generate cash. Maybe I've gotten old.... Maybe not.

Tried to play for a bit...for like about 15 minutes.... and I got bored!!! I was making a fair bit from my usual game.... but it just seems like the sparks gone.... It just seemed like just a job.... a tough one at that too.

Well...you know what I did?.... I just pulled out all me chips and just got off the tables and decided that I'd just stop playing unless it's for fun and with friends or something like that. I'd say an occasional (and I mean it like a twice a year kinda thing), hand or two couldn't be ruled out....but I'd safely say that I won't be doing this every weekend now.

After awhile....I just kinda sat there and thought about it....why?....hmmmm.... maybe it's because I'm older?....maybe it's because I've been there and done that?....OR could it be that I got other better things to do now?.... I suspect it would be the latter. Could I also have entered some new 'phase' of life I keep on hearing about?... Growing up even?....(honestly I think I'll still be a happy kid at heart till I die.....looking at my dad and mum..that's where I'm headed).

Let's see...I kinda made a mental list in my mind about where I was at in life....what I've got..that sorta things...and I came up with the following (in no particular order);

1) I got recently confirmed in me job...so technically I'm NOW a formal employee...for the first time ever.

2) The job comes with a salary that I'm comfortable with...savings and all....

3) I really enjoy working with the people I deal with.... (more important than money this)

4) I enjoy the work that I do...(being slightly insane helps....or is that mostly insane.)

5) I have a damn manja dog that looks damn cute when he's missing mom.

6) I have understanding and encouraging parents....(yeah...nagging can't be helped once in awhile).

7) My golf is getting better.

8) I'm enjoying the new life experiences being thrown at me....(although nerve bloody wrecking at times)


That's about all I can remember for now....but hey...there are probably more reasons why I'm in such a 'chirpy' mood today.....

To end this rambling blog posting....there's a quote that comes to mind from Willy S. himself.

"All the world's a stage....and all the men and women...merely players"
-Jacques in As You Like It........i think...


I'm just happy......


or it could just be the flu medication

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi matey, just Pol here, don't get around to catching you on msn as much as I'd like, but that'll change sooner or later.

Just a quickie to let you know I'm one of the statistics you keep reading about all those clicks and views on your site :)

Keep posting, you blog brings just that extra bit of balance to my life too you know :)

TC, Pol !